MEGA SESSION: WANTED: A 21st Century HR Leader
Hilton Conrad Room
This session will highlight the skills and competencies that you need to be a successful leader in the 21st century workplace.
Track: Personal & Leadership Development
The available workforce is angry…with HR. The unemployed who are angry include recent graduates, laid off workers, career changers, returning military seeking work and global job hunters. But not only are the unemployed not finding work and blaming HR, but so are gainfully employed, left behind to pick up the slack of the work load, often with no additional pay or benefits. Now, as HR Leader, you’re left to fill jobs feeling there is not enough requisite talent available, while trying to do more with less to engage and retain your high performers and develop your own career…how is this possible? In this session:
• We’ll examine the trends affecting the future of HR;
• Discuss the skills and competencies the 21st Century HR Leader needs in his/her toolkit;
• Examine the needs of the new workforce;
• Learn how to connect non-traditional candidate’s skills to existing job openings; and
• Identify ways to engage current and high performers and those that have already exited the company. You will walk away with an outline for reshaping your career and your own leadership development plan.